JVC Hd-ILA vertical lines porblem

Username: Brenner

Post Number: 1
Hello, and thank you to anyone who has any advice or can help. I have just purchased a JVC HD-61Z886 HD-ILA television with very low hours. I purchased it on a gamble hoping that I can repair it on the low cost side. The tv has very low hours and has a concern that I can not find on the internet. This particular tv has green and black vertical lines across the whole screen. The back lines seem to be of no image but the green lines carry an image though a little snowy. The menu display is clear and shows not to be affected by this concern. The tv was diagnoised as a faulty light engine but would that not also effect the menu display? The tv is clean inside and I am checking boards to see if I can spot the problem. The problem occurs on all inputs. The tv has no flashing lights or shows no other faults. I have read aside from short bulb life these are great sets. I'd like to repair and use. If anyone has suggestions please feel free to comment. Thank you

Username: Kwoog

Post Number: 1
I have had the same problem since I purchased my 61" JVC set about 2 years ago. Before the warranty expired I had a local authorized service center check it out. They came out and checked it out claiming it was likely the light engine. They promptly went out of business and my warranty expired. My problem goes away when I shut off the tv and then repower it. It returns in about an hour. I have learned to live with it but I would like a better solution. Anyone else?

Username: Brenner

Post Number: 2
Thank you for your reply, sad to say but it's nice to see I am not alone with this problem. I have gone over my set thoroughly but with out parts to try I have not found the answer. I at this point do not believe it to be the light engine, and in my understanding and diagnoising have been able to turn the screen all blue with no lines thus showing me the "optical block" has no fault. I truly believe it to be a faulty board. I have isolated it down to two boards but do not know which one to pick on yet. The DD board basically controls the ILA chips and this is a possibility, and the analog and digital board, this gives the signal and image to the DD board. The reason I do not pick on the digital board is that from what I understand it is responsible for the menu which shows up clear and un altered from this concern. Any one else with ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us