Satellite TV Sub-sharing

Bronze Member
Username: Pancho_vilia

Post Number: 44
Speaking only from my personal experience.
Sub-sharing with Directv's Slim Line Dish
is your best bet.
The DirecTV Slim Line Dish will pickup
Spaceway 2 & DirecTV 11 at 99.2°W
DirecTV 4S/8 at 101.0°W
Spaceway 1 & DirecTV 10/12 at 102.8°W
DirecTV 5 at 109.8°W
DirecTV 7S at 119.0°W

These Birds will cover all services
including HD & Spanish Channels

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 92
Maybe some help for directv sub-sharing.
C/P from Directv

A) I only have a cell phone, can I get DIRECTV service?

To receive the full benefits of your DIRECTV System (pay per view purchases via remote control/sports subscription auto-renewal), the receiver must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line, which means that both the phone and the receiver must have a fixed location. Unfortunately, a cell phone does not meet either of these criteria because it is mobile and usually not left on at all times.

B) Can I activate a used receiver?

Yes, to add a used receiver you'll need to follow these steps:
Have the original owner call DIRECTV to de-activate the DIRECTV System access card. Please note that you will not be able to activate the receiver if it was leased by the original account holder.
Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new access card, which we will send to you along with a postage-paid envelope for returning the old card. Please note that a $20 fee will apply to the new card.
Install the receiver or call a professional installer for help. Consult the installation manual that came with the receiver or look for the owner's manual at
Once you get your new access card, you can activate the receiver by calling 1-800-531-5000. Make sure to mention that you have pre-owned equipment and want to start programming.

Bronze Member
Username: Pirate_pete_208

Post Number: 93
tmp421.wps (17.9 k)
Jump to: Home Audio Forum | Home Video Forum | Home Theater Forum | Car Audio Forum