Sony KDS-55A2020-Dead after Optical Block Replacement

Username: Clayk59

Little Rock, AR United States

Post Number: 1
My four year old Sony KDS-55A2020 grew a green blob so I called Sony and they agreed to have a local company come out and replace the optical block no charge. The guy made the repair and the TV looked good. He left and about 5 minutes later I walked back to the set and the picture was very dark. I pressed the menu button on the remote to fiddle with the controls and got no response. The menu button on the front panel was also unresponsive.

I powered off the set from the remote, waited about a minute and turned it on. The Power light blinked green for about two minutes and then went solid green. No picture or sound. I repeated this several times, unplugged it for a minute and retried, did the factory reset, always the same result.

I called the repair guy back. He took a look and verified that the lamp was working. He said nothing he did would cause the issue, that even if the optical block he put in was bad I would still have sound. They are picking up the set tomorrow to further diagnose. I fear that replacing the OB made something else go bad.

Anyone have any experience or advice with this. I appreciate any help you can give.

Clay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us