Convert coaxial cable to rca help

Username: Btwiggins21

Post Number: 1
ok here is the problem i have, i currently have a 42 in Toshiba that i was given last year- it was made in 95 so its just a basic tv. Earlier this week the coaxial jacks on the back of the tv went out, yet the rca jacks and the picture quality couldnt be better- and since I am currently in college i dont have an extra stock pile of money laying around to go buy new tv... Does anyone have any idea how to convert my coaxial comcast cable to rca conection??? Thanks for any and all help

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4249
A VCR with tuner. I see them in local ads for $5-10 pretty much daily.

Post Number: 2
Alright, well ive looked online- ebay, amazon, and at places like best buy- walmart, even goodwill. And the problem ive come into is that alot of the newer ones have a Digital tuner??? will this work??? or do i need to find an old school vcr???

Post Number: 3
ok so i found a vcr that has a tuner except now it just shows a blank blue screen. the vcr is a sylvania vc4150at01... any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 372
Set the TV to channel = LINE IN

Post Number: 4
The tv doesnt have a line in- it is however set to the video channel that is used for those rca jacks. I have the vcr set on tuner, and the coaxil coming from the cable box to the vcr and from the vcr to the rca jacks in the back of the tv??? What am i doing wrong???

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 373
Set the VCR to the channel you want to watch and the video+audio signal will be automatically available on LINE OUT of the VCR. Then, set the TV to the video "channel" for RCA jacks (= LINE IN ) that are connected to LINE OUT of the VCR.

It is important to note that this set up will work if and only if your cable TV provider still has analog TV channels on its video feed.

Here in NJ both Comcast and Cablevision do, but it apparently isn't so for other parts of the country.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us