Samsung HL56A650 - Random Power Off's

Username: Jehegarty

Post Number: 1
The issue I am having usually happens when the unit has just been turned on ( or within the first 5 or 10 minutes of operation).

Basically when this happens the unit act's like it has been powered off, the picture goes black, the sound goes off, but the Left and Right LED are blinking, the middle does not blink. And that's it, just boom, off, with blinking LED's, also I cannot hear any fan running either.

When I do press the power button, the normal turning on 'sound' plays and the LED's stop blinking. It takes a several seconds, but the unit evetually turns back on and everything operates correctly, on a rare occasion it will repeat itself but not usually.

I'm not sure what is wrong, and am looking for any help I can get, I am just afraid with the way it powers off it is going to damage something.

Also, how can I see how many hours my bulb has on it? Does anyone know how I can 'break' into the Service Screen to get this information?

Thanks in advance!
Shimmy

Bronze Member
Username: Crowell

Post Number: 17
Hello Shimmy.
First of all let me ask you some questions. First of all, how long ago did you buy your TV? Have you ever changed the lamp? Have you ever cleaned the inside of the TV?
Normally the life of a lamp last between 2 -- 3 years. In able to discard the lamp you will need to replace it since it's the cheapest component to replace & the easiest.
As soon as you've done all this we can proceed with another diagnostic of the TV.
Here is a article that describes in a little more detail how these lamps work.
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1263
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us