Hitachi Ultravision LCD Projection TV ( 50V500), Shutdown Problems

Username: Tony_from_nb

Post Number: 1
History: Purchased in 2006,replaced lamp after 1 year(manufacture defect),never had these problems until a new HD cable box was received in January 2010, problems started right after that. HD Cable box replaced 3 times, all other tv's in the house have the same box, but none are HD LCD rear projection, and they don't have these problems.

Problem: TV turns on nicely every time, but after 1 or 2 hours, the TV begins to automatically shutdown (blue light blinks quickly), but it turns back on after 8-10 seonds. This occurs more frequently as time progresses, eventually every 5-10mins. There is no color degradation, no problems with the quality of the picture, whether it be HD channel or not.

What has been checked so far: 1)Cable box replaced three times 2)Changed video input 3)Changed cables (component,hdmi) 4)Verified lcd lamp, and it appears fine 5)Enough air to ventilate, and vacuumed vents.

Please help, I've googled, and found no threads that describe my problem.

Is it a pure concicedence that once I changed Cable providers my problems occured? I don;t know, and need answers.

Thanks,Tony

Username: Chuck_f

Post Number: 1
I have one of these, but have not had this problem. I have heard that some inputs on it may be auto-on, so when you put a DVD into a player, the tv will come on with it; convenient for kids. No one ever suggested though that they were auto-off!

If you turn it on and watch a DVD from a player, will it do this? Or even an old VCR tape player? This will eliminate, or not, the cable provider issue. If it does the same on DVD, I would suspect your lamp is going. Sounds like three years on the lamp, right? How many hours a week is it on? On a 50-inch, if you get 8,000 hrs from a bulb you've done good. Does the fan sound like it always has? If not lamp, could be a heat-related shutdown.

This tv does not ventilate well. Keep it off the carpet because the main cooling air intake is inside the tv on the bottom, about an inch above the plastic bottom.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us