Samsung: Samsung DLP HL-T4675SX PROBLEM HELP!!!

Username: Yodero

Post Number: 1
I have a 46'' samsung dlp tv (hlt4675sx)2 1/2 years old and about 7 months ago i replaced the bulb because tv would not come on and it displayed the three flashing led lights. I put the bulb in and everything worked fine for about 3 months then the same problem except after the tv went through its cycle of three starts i would try to start it again and it would work fine. It would do this periodicly for the last few months, also during that time it would shut itself off. One time i had to let the tv cool down do to overheating which was the problem code it was giving. Now about two weeks ago it would not come on, i can hear a click sound and the fans start and i can see the color wheel spinning (no whinning). it goes through its starts then shuts off with the three lights. I unpluged reset everything and still nothing. so i bought a new lamp, installed it and still nothing, the three blinking lights. when i hit the power button i would hear a click and then when it cycled itself off another click. Ive read that the ballast can go so i bought a ballast, installed it and still nothing!! Three blinking lights. Can anyone please help me?!! Thanks allot.

Username: Crowell

Post Number: 9
Hello Yodero.
Let me guess. Have you reset the lamp timer? If you are still wondering what it is here is a link http://www.fixyourdlp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1050&start=0&hilit=Loading+ Factory
Most of us don't know about this lamp timer since it is not mention in the owner's manual, it supposed to be automatic like in all the other major brands. I once talked to a guy that had replaced everything inside of his TV. And still the tv wouldn't turn on. Told him about the lamp timer, and it worked like a charm.

Username: Yodero

Post Number: 2
Thanks allot for the insight, i wasnt aware of the lamp timer. However I tried to reset it they way you said but I still wasnt able to get a picture. Im just sick over this damn tv, over the last six months ive already spent around 300 trying to fix it. I am at a cross road, do i sell it as is or continue trouble shooting. Anyother suggestions? I dont think its the power supply because i took the back panel off the set and tested the power supply for power and it was sending 380v power to the ballast. Then I tested the plug on the ballast that supplys power to the lamp and one legg i was getting 160v dc and the other was 56v dc. One guy I was talking to said it could be the dmd board or something. what does that do?

Thanks again for all of you insight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us