Sony VCR - Remote control

peter
The Sony VCR stopped responding to the remote control. The remote itself is working. I've tested it on the tv and a different vcr. Is it possible to lock out the remote? Has anyone had any problems with remotes? Are there procedures to reset the remote on the vcr?

I have the same problem. I switched batteries, although the ones I was using were perfectly good, and it worked. But, every 24 hours or so, I have to switch batteries again. I just switch between the same four batteries, two one night, the other two the next night.....I don't know why this works and it's aggravating as heck....

Unregistered guest
I spoke to Sony this morning about the same problem. Remove the batteries and press each key down firmly (one at a time of course) then replace the batteries: this should correct the problem.

Unregistered guest
I have a magnavox smart, very smart vcr and a sanyo tv hooked to comcast cable vision. I had problems with my cable and the repair man came and he unhooked and took my adapter and cable I had connecting my tv and vcr to the cable. I used my remote control and didn't have a cable box. The problem with the cable was with a cut cable on the outside. When I returned home I found my vcr wasn't working because it was not hooked up. The tv only has one connection in the back and it is screw on type. The vcr has the one prong connection. Help! What do I need to get my system working again. I don't remember what I had before.

Silver Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 363
Hook the comcast cable to the in on the VCR and a cable from the out on the VCR to the TV.

Unregistered guest
Post 363. Thanks David, but it didn't work. The vcr's screen is blue but when I hit play nothing shows up on the screen. The technician took my adapter and connectors. I don't know what kind of adapter it was but they probably don't make it any more. I called comcast to complain about the technician disconnecting my vcr and taking the connector and adapter. He had no right to do that. I wasn't home when he came to fix the cable my husband was and evidently he wasn't watching what he was doing. Any other ideas.

Donnamack

Unregistered guest
Post 363. David, I tried what you told me to do again. It did work. The first time, I must not have screwed the connection tight enough. I am forever grateful. Thanks soooo much. You're a life saver. I'm so glad I stumbled across this site.

Donnamack

Harlyn
Unregistered guest
I just bought a Sony VCR/DVD everything works except the number pad. When I press the numbers they appear on my TV screen but do not change the channel. I have to use the Ch up/dn funtion.

Harley

Marya
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony VCR which has lost its code for the TV and I am unable to program it. I have lost the sheet with the code numbers on it. Can anybody help me. My TV is a Magnavox.

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
Go to Sony's web sight, click on support.

Unregistered guest
Can anyone tell me why my universal RCA remote works for turning on the vcr and will let me program the time and date, but it will not let me program a future show to record. When I getto the part where it asks which number program I want to record the numbers stop registering.My VCR is an old LXI.

Username: Sneakers

Post Number: 3
I have a Magnasonic 2 head vcr Model # mvc 629-F which I have lost the remote for. Can I program an RCA remote for it and if so how? What codes might I need? If anyone can offer any suggestions I would be grateful.

Anonymous

WOULD LIKE TO RUN MY ZENITH TV FROM MY SONY REMOTE FOR MY VIDEO CASSETTE RECORDER MODEL NO. SLV-640HF HELP!!

Anonymous

WOULD LIKE TO RUN MY ZENITH TV FROM MY SONY REMOTE FOR MY VIDEO CASSETTE RECORDER MODEL NO. SLV-640HF HELP!!

Unregistered guest
I want to record a program from the tv. I have a NEC VCR and a Tabo tv. The NEC remote doent work on the tv, also the LG DVD remote doesnt work on the tv to change channels. what cables do i connect to record yelow red white and how???

Someone Plz help

GammySan
Unregistered guest
I have an older Magnavox tv and am using a universal Sony remote. Two days ago the tv stopped responding to the remote. The other tv's in my house respond to the Sony remote, but not the one I watch most. What's wrong with the tv?

John in LR
Unregistered guest
I have a Sony VCR and the Set Up button does not work. Everytime I press the button to record a show or whatever, I get the message "Please wait, then try again".

Please help.

Unregistered guest
I have a sony rdr-hx715 --- can I run this from a Zenith universal remote?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2185
If you want a remote that will operate virtually everything, get a One For All 8910. If it doesn't have the needed codes, it can be upgraded over the phone.

Username: Sprite

Post Number: 1
We purchased 2 new Sony VCR's just over a year ago and have had constant problems with the remote control volume failing. We have been supplied with ten replacements and a further five units returned as repaired. Sony deny any problems, I should be interested to know just how many users have had similar faults ? Trading standards suggest as they are not fit for use I should persue Sony via the retailer for a refund or compensation. My warrenty will expire soon and I shall have to fund replacements myself. Any other faulty Sony vcr remotes out there please????
DAVID.

Username: Sprite

Post Number: 2
We purchased 2 new Sony VCR's just over a year ago and have had constant problems with the remote control volume failing. We have been supplied with ten replacements and a further five units returned as repaired. Sony deny any problems, I should be interested to know just how many users have had similar faults ? Trading standards suggest as they are not fit for use I should persue Sony via the retailer for a refund or compensation. My warrenty will expire soon and I shall have to fund replacements myself. Any other faulty Sony vcr remotes out there please????
DAVID.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2831
Get a One For All universal. The buttons on them last me years of heavy use.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us