HDTV - NTSC & PAL?

Username: Uk2us

New York, NY USA

Post Number: 1
I am new to HDTV and am looking to purchase an HDTV CRT television and need some advice. I currently have a Sony 28" widescreen SDTV which I brought with me from the UK when I moved to the US. That TV is primarily a PAL model yet accepts an NTSC video signal, which is how I use it currently, connected to my digital cable box. I would like to upgrade this set to a larger 16:9 screen, say 34" and to go HD at the same time. My cable company offer HD as part of their service package. So far I have been investigating Panasonic and Philips models, however my big question is do any of the sets from the US accept a PAL video signal? None of the spec sheets indicate which video systems they can accept. I have a multi-region DVD player and several DVDs from the UK which are PAL video system. Can anyone suggest some suitable models to look for, or will I have purchase a converter, or maybe even replace my PAL collection with NTSC versions?

Bronze Member
Username: Jbagel2

Orem, UT USA

Post Number: 26
the panisonc and samsung tv's you can go into the service menu and switch between NTSC & PAL I would recommend the Panisonic over the phillps hands down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us