Sony vs Mitsubishi?

Username: Michaels

Los Angeles

Post Number: 1
I've been shopping for a new TV. My Sony 53"XBR RPTV was great for a long time. But it's 4X3 and standard def and frankly, it's getting old and it's time to upgrade.

I was looking at the Sony KF-60WE610 60-IN HDTV LCD monitor, but I'm not thrilled with the way it handles blacks. It seems very bright, which is nice, but it also appears to display a lot of artifacting, at least on the store displays I've looked at. I'm also concerned about the problems I hear are ongoing with the Sony's LCD bulb.

Today, I saw a Mitsubishi WS-65909 Diamond Series. It's a CRT, which is bulkier, etc., but I wonder if it might be my best choice. (I think this is last year's model...) Good Guys has an open box at an extremely attractive price: $2,400. I will definitely purchase the extended warranty, so I don't feel the open box issue is a huge concern. But I'm not at all sure which of these I should go for.

I would appreciate any comments regarding the Mitsubishi vs. the Sony. This is my first venture into HD and 16X9. I think both of these sets look great, but both seem to have significant pros and cons. Given the considerable cost, I want to be sure I'm making the right choice, and I don't have a wealth of knowledge about the new technologies.

I will be using the new TV primarily for watching DVD's and HDTV over air and DirecTV.

Thank you!
-Michael
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us