Vizio plasma won't turn on

Username: Plasmahell21

Post Number: 1
Have a vizio plasma tv (p50hdtv10a) that will not turn on. No sound, no picture, no red light, nothing. Checked voltage at psu. Have all the correct voltages 3,5,9,12,24 vdc at the output pin connectors expect at Va and Vs. On the back it says Va=60vdc and Vs=190vdc. I believe the psu is bad. I checked most of the caps and they are fine. I was wondering if the Va and Vs outputs only turn on when the tv is actually turned on. Should I see voltage at Va and Vs when the tv is powered up but not on? Has anyone else had this problem or have any ideas of what else to check. Thanks for the help.

Username: Plasmahell21

Post Number: 2
When I orginially checked for voltages on the power supply board I had all the connectors removed off it. The only voltage that I did not see was on the Vs and Va pins so I thought the power supply board was bad. I have found that if I leave a connector off going to the main board(the board that everything plugs into at the back of the tv) I get the correct voltage at Vs-190v and Va=60v. When I plug the connector back in nothing happens but when I cycle power to the tv nothing comes back on. As long as the connector going to the main board stays off the power supply then I hear a click coming from the relays on the power supply board and a hum from the xysus and zboards. Still am not getting any red light on the front and no picture or audio. I really thing this main board is bad. Does the on/off button on the side of the tv and the remote go through this card? The connector that I'm leaving off has these labels on it. The voltages to the right is what I'm reading at the pin connector on the power supply with it unplugged.
AC-D 5v
RL-ON 0v
5Vsb 5v
DET 5v
VS-ON 0v
5V-D 5v
GND
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us