1998 HITACHI 50UX58B WILL NOT POWER UP???

bassman
Unregistered guest
Big screen went dead on me. Unplugged for 30 seconds like the manual said , power light comes on for a second and goes off. Any ideas? Would the power supply be going bad and if so could I change it out myself or do you have to be an electronic genius to perform the work and a dealer to buy the parts? Thanks for taking the time to read my post and any suggestions you might have!

BillM
Unregistered guest
Last week, my Hitachi 50UX58B also went blank. After being unplugged for 30 seconds, the power light comes on for a second, then nothing.

Did you find a cure?

xvxvxvx
Unregistered guest
One member of The 4400 is known to be disabling all Hitachi projection TV's with their mind. The episode has not yet aired so this is not yet widely known. I suggest warning all your fellow Hitachi owner friends to dump their sets quickly before The 4400 crew reaches their neighborhood. It is just a matter of time before all Hitachi sets are permanently disabled. You will then be forced to conduct normal outdoor pursuits such as gardening, meeting your neighbors and other mundane daily activities. Why Hitachi owners were chosen is easy. Their poor selection skills make them open to mind control and manipulation. :-)

Anonymous

I have same problem same model. Hitachi-recommended service tech came out and after 1+ hours and $125 said he needed to take to his shop to fix. Cost est is $500 (in addition to $125) and he said he could not guarantee it would not cost more after they ran tests...ugh. Wrote nasty letter to Hitachi customer service .... won't buy Hitachi anymore....looking into new set now ... may use old for boat anchor (if I only had a big boat!)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us