Interesting - Nfusion

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17507
Private Server? What do you think, Plymouth, Sada?

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 821
A site that advertises on the internet for a monthly subscription to steal DN signal..

Looks safe to me, DN security will surley never catch on.

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6663
nalin ,
sharing sub
or getting membership for eks,
all same to me,
if it doesn't freeze, if a person get all the channels, go for it,
i think its quite safe,
they should start 1 month membership,
they will get more member this way,

Nfusion started as iks,
no one knows where kbox came from may be from koolsat,
cnx nano2, ilink, stanzen.. (who is making those rec)
no one knows,
why not keep the old rec , pay monthly fee and enjoy eks
instead of buying new rec all the time and same freezing/ iks problems,
and those problem occurs when too many people are loggging in to server,
private share , mean less server load, mean less issues,

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 1336
sada, nalin - if you want to choose eks - i would really recommend you go for sub sharing instead. EKS is very shaky right now and really not trustworthy. If you can get a bunch of people to subshare - its much better and much more secure.

Most of the time the equipment from the company is free - at least with DN. They usually install the receivers and dishes free of charge - without contract. There is like a $4 receiver leasing fee per month if you don't want contract. If you get a decent package and break it between several people - that would be the better solution in my opinion.

Or.....you can just wait for current iks fixes to come out (if you have iks box).

Gold Member

Post Number: 6664
lol mr skullz,
sharing bev.............
pay 20 and get all the local channels+ internationals that i watch

i heard dn calls people to verify #s on dn rec,
+its very hard to get a dn rec in canada.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1338
i been with dn for some time now and i never got any call to verify a number.

as far as bev....i don't know how it works with them lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6665
Mr skullz, ok i have a question
lets say u have a u.s adress,/ phone number
u want to get few dn rec ( to use in canada)

if u chat with them they say that they mus need to send the installer at particular location in usa, lets say u don't want installer to come at location,
any way to get through this system?
also if main rec need s to plugged in the phone line (is it must)?

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12314
Hi Nalin!

I'm not very confidant with the place where you have to pay, I don't trust it!

>My opinion!

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1339
i told DN i dont' have landline phone so you dont need it to be plugged into the phone line. Make sure you tell them that you don't have a landline phone - otherwise they will charge you a few dollars a month.
They are very sneaky with their charges lol - just make sure you know what you are being charged for.

For a particular location........if you are subsharing - do you have anybody in USA that will work with you? the only thing i can think of is to get someone to sub with you in USA and tell that person to tell DN that it will be an installation for more than 1 room. So you would get the receiver for the second room and hook it up where ever you are.

This is how its working with me. I don't know if this will work in Canada or out of US.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6666
mr skullz yes i do have friend, only problem is that he lives at place ( apartment ) where he can't get a dish.. its not allowed,
he told me that he called dn and they have to come for installation a must...
any way to avoid this?
that freind already told them that dish is already installed but no luck

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1340
o this is a whole new problem. From my experience, DN gives these installations out to smaller companies (who are affiliated with DN) around the location to do the installs. I have come across several installers that are cool and really laid back - it really depends. I don't know how well (or if it really will) work but if you tip them decently - your friend may be able to talk to him and tell him to give the receiver without actually installing the dish.

Again - it really depends on location and the installer. I'm in New York and almost corner you turn someone is hustling somebody lol

I wouldn't count on it though - but ya never kno

Silver Member
Username: Lomna

Sac, Calif U.S.A

Post Number: 887
Sada, if we buy dn's rec and dish from radio shack. they will let you install it urself. secondly NO contract there you aren't obligated to buy certain package in oder to get international.
Mr.skullz, No one for can avoid the recr monthly fee. Either you own or using dn's recr. They will charge you i think $7 dollars dvr or 4 or $5 for basic recr.It doesn't matter you own or rent dn recr.You have to pay a fee to keep ur box active.

Gold Member

New York

Post Number: 1342
thanx devin i wasn't aware of that

Gold Member

Post Number: 6667
thank you devin , mr skullz,
i got my answers,

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17510
I think you all have digressed a bit from the main issue in this thread.
Just as Dreambox started with Private IKS and then expanded to Public IKS a week ago, Nfusion started with a public IKS then stopped it and now there is a private IKS which apparently is by others as a possible stop gap or whatever.
We are not talking about sharing with friends or relatives. So far we have two opposing viewpoints - sada says it seems good and to go for it and Plymouth says the opposite.

Silver Member
Username: Chumley

Post Number: 825
Nalin if you are still bewildered by this and can't make the decision yourself...follow sada's advice - if it doesn't freeze go for it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us