Sony Extened Warranty Not Recommended

Username: Terrymarts

Ypslanti, Michigan

Post Number: 1
I have had a terrible experience with Sony's Extended Warranty which is with a company called ServiceNet Solutions. My LCD TV lost picture but still had sound and back light, I reported the claim and a technician was dispatched and determined that the TV needed a new panel. ServiceNet Solutions did not trust the technician and wanted a second opinion. After talking on the phone with the second repair company they thought it was the main board without looking at the TV. After the technician installed the main board there was still no picture, he then uninstalled the new main board and put the old one back in. After a month and a half we were back to step one. After calling ServiceNet Solutions they told me they were going to find another company to try and fix the problem, they told me they would keep giving it to different technicians until the TV was fixed no matter how long it took, and they refused to replace the TV. Finally, they had no choice but to replace the panel which the first technician diagnosed two months ago. At that point, I was two months without a TV. The cost to replace the pannel was about 800$ and I was willing to take a cash settlement for less than that amount, but they would no do it. Because we paid 2000$ for the TV four years ago, the cost of the repair would have to exceed the retail price before they would replace it or make a cash settlement. They paid more than 900$ to fix a 32inch 720p LCD after sending out multiple technicians and finally replacing the panel. If they do not trust their own technicians then how am I supposed to trust them? All of the technicians were excellent and could not believe that the warranty company was doing this. I will never buy another Sony TV just because of the horrible experience with the warranty company.
terry.marts@yahoo.com

Username: Garabeli

Clearwater, FL United States

Post Number: 1
Almost the same experience. Got a 60" TV for $2,100.00and it broke on Nov. 2009. On Feb 2010 they offered me a 52" or a $1,100.00 settlement. They said I have to pay for the cost of fixing (trying). This is a total scam. I made complaints with BBB and State of Florida and California. This contract has a loop hole to benefit the insurance only. Imagine if the "cost of fixing" was $2,100.00. I would get NOTHING!

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 26
If they would deduct the amount of repair from our money then why to take extended warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us