Hookup of Plasma TV, Cable Box, and VCR/DVD combo

Username: Davidleet

Louisiana

Post Number: 1
I just bought a new TV and cannot get everything hooked up.
TV - Emerson PL-P42W-10A
Cable Box - Motorola DCT6400 Phase III
VCR/DVD Recorder Combo - ZV427MG9 A

We have tried several configurations between the 3 and cannot get the Combo to play. Any help you can give on connecting these three together would be appreciated.

Another thing, I don't know if it makes a difference or not,but for the Combo I only need to be able to play and record from VHS to CD (not record from TV).

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2574
­
Sunshine, for the best results, do this:

1. Connect the HDMI out from the combo into one of the HDMI inputs on the TV. This is for DVD playback only.

2. Connect the composite video output on the "DVD/VCR" side of the terminals on the back of the combo (that would be the yellow video output and the two R/L red/white outputs for audio) into the corresponding inputs on the TV. This hookup is primarily for VHS tape playback. You would also be able to view DVDs through this hookup, but the video performance will be inferior compared to the combo's HDMI output.

Of key importance here is that you properly select the appropriate input on the TV, depending on what source you want to view. Consult your TV's owner's manual for that.
­

Username: Julieann

Post Number: 1
I really need help connecting all this up, my husband left me and I have no idea what to do with all these wires and he took some wires with him so I will need some: I have a vizo dolby digital plazma t.v., with direct t.v. a phillips hdd-dvd player a yamaha cinema dsp digital surround sound reciever and surround sound speakers with a rocket fish and a wii gaming system, I know they all connect he had them connected and I really tried but I am having no luck, some one please help me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us