Dreambox

Silver Member
Username: Dghumman

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 355
is somebody using dreambox right now?
if someone has a dream box then please let me know how does it work and is it still working and how many south asian channels are up and running on dreambox,
Also please give me a honest opinion on this box please.
IS this box also like kbox or nfusion

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12180
damindar ghumman

I think this receiver work on private sharing, Nfusion and Kbox are on Public server.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 356
somebody was offering me a dreambox for 180 and you dont have to pay any money monthly and also told me that this box is the oldest and most reliable box.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

ModeratorCanada

Post Number: 12181
damindar ghumman

I know that this box is greatly used in europe and is the best one there.

If some users can give their comments on it , it will be interesting!

Silver Member
Username: Pirate_pete_209

Post Number: 244
damindar ghumman don't trust somebody
I think he was banned.
Upload

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 358
nalin i checked and it works on public server and i am seriously thinking of buying it as this is the oldest and the most trusted box in fta, i have asked someone to get it for me and he will get back to me in a day or two regarding the price and if everything goes well i will buy it

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 17322
damindar ghumman: The person who posted above your post is:
Nalin-SUX-IT - New member
Username: Nalinsuxit
Post Number: 9 - Registered: Jan-10

He is an imposter who tries to make people beleive that I am replying to a question.

I will respond to your question in the next post in this thread.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17323
Dreambox is a Linux based receiver. It works as a private IKS server, or if you can find a private IKS service in somewhere, you might be able to use it. Otherwise, to the best of my knowledge, it will not work.

However, currentbins have called it a Public IKS service

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17329
If things do not work try this. Change your TV settings to PAL.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 359
Nalin i know Dreambox is linux based receiver but dream box 100 is not Linux based and i have seen this box working and its working on a public LKS and no one has to pay money to watch tv

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 360
This is CP/

The DreamBox 100 is a FTA satellite Receiver with two Firecrypt cardreaders. The DreamBox for the first time does not possess 100 Linux as operating system. The other standards which one from a Dreambox, like USB and LAN connection knows offers, the DreamBox 100 also. The inserted card reader supports the Firecrypt system. And there the box CI Slot does not have, can one thereby only FTA transmitters and the erotism transmitter Inxtc receive. That is up-to-date the only transmitter, which uses the Firecrypt coding. In addition the equipment is to have picture in picture a function and support the blindscan function.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17343
damindar:

Read my second post in the Nfusion thread

Bronze Member
Username: Akhan64

Toronto, On Ca

Post Number: 26
Dear Damindar,

Buy the Dreambox, test and let everybody know, that it's working. Please let us know where to buy from specially in Toronto.

Arbab

Bronze Member

Toronto, On Ca

Post Number: 29
Dear Damindar,

No news from you as yet. Did you buy the Dreambox?

Gold Member
Username: Saqeeb9000

Post Number: 6688
guys dreambox 100 works on public and private server i posted this on other dream box thread........

sada
Gold Member

Post Number: 6661

Posted on Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 12:44 am: Edit Post
dream box review by a reliable member from other site,

Power Member

Default Dreambox Dm100 Review
This is My first review.... I am going to keep it simple. I did all my research and I decided to buy dreambox dm100...... because you can use it with public iks or private iks..... So when I received dm100... I was kinda shock .. dm 100 was so small and cute but doubt started to grow in my mind...(because of size) It does look small but its powerful .. and dm 100 Capable of doing stuff that some other boxes dont do... After I input recommended files and followed step by step guide properly which is located in file section... I found it very easy(if you know what you doing) to follow withhin 5min my dm was up and running(public server)..Scanning channel part and channel line up was poorly implimented it does scan but not proper way.. In this case You can upload channel list no problem. But i am sure in the future software upgarde will fix this issue.. And Sometimes lil freezes but if you reboot than you are good to go.. 118w They got handful of international channel... Lots of South asian (Indian bengoli, Tamil ) arbic and other channels. And 119w They got handful of channel with hbo showtime e.tc. No B3v channels line up.. nimiq 1 only icc cricket and 82 only CBN which is currently down. And so far its wroking well with Good picture quality...I know myself with iks there's no guarantee. I know Dm Doesnt scream out loud But they prove it with thier action. Its a great lil working and make you feel good receiver. This is my 1st week and overall i am happy and satisfied with dm100. I hope my easy review Will help people to decide themself.... And hope that people will stop posting same question again and again....
Now I would like to thank those people who made it easy for us.. I would like to thank who put very easy step by step set up guide and files. And also i would like to thank Dreambox support team, team member forum member who helped me with lots of information....I just like to say guys i do appriciate your effort and help... And Once again Happy New Year to my (Ftabbin) Family..... You guys Rock...

Bronze Member

Toronto, On Ca

Post Number: 30
Sada

where did you buy from? send me link or address for Toronto.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6698
http://www.incrediblefta.com/specials/dreambox-fta-receivers.html

wintronic check their website. google search

SatComPro in Kitchener, on Wellington St. Near Weber.

beamon in kitchener,

Silver Member
Username: Pannu16

Post Number: 909
is it still up ?? i got mine.. hooked it up..put the latest bin in.. scanned it and connected to net.. got ip address in DHCP but no picture.. is it still up for anyone!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 6709
i don't see any problems .... i read its going strong..

try putting it on one working channel and leave it there for 5-10 min and see if that works..

Silver Member

Post Number: 911
finally got it.. yo sada how did u hook it up to ur TV

MPEG-2 hardware decoding
2 x LED - status
1 x Smartcard-Reader
1 x Scart
1 x S-Video
10/100Mbit compatible Ethernet Interface
USB-B
S/PDIF Interface for digital bit stream out (AC-3)

Outputs r european so wat do i do to hook it up..
i got Svideo but cant get audio..

wats SCART cable .. where do i get it??

Gold Member

Post Number: 6716
http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=95120

cc dreambox guide with pic..
sorry man i don't have dreambox..
but this is best guide

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17687
SCART WRTIE-UP ON wikipedia

Bronze Member
Username: Jjjohnson

Anchorage, Alaska USA

Post Number: 34
pannu.......wats SCART cable .. where do i get it??

http://www.mindlogic.com/CABLE_SCART.shtml

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 15870
(CNN) -- Conan O'Brien
The flame-haired comedian has signed a deal with NBC to walk away from "The Tonight Show." The Wall Street Journal reported that the pact -- some $45 million for O'Brien and his staff -- contains a "non-disparagement clause" for both O'Brien and the network, which means they can't say nasty things about each other in public.

O'Brien has been at odds with NBC since the network tried to push "The Tonight Show" to a later time slot. The dispute erupted into a weeks-long controversy that galvanized fans of the show and roiled the entertainment industry. The deal reinstates Jay Leno as host of "The Tonight Show" at 11:35 p.m.

O'Brien, who has hosted the show for just seven months, objected to the change. He said in a January 12 letter addressed to "People of Earth" that moving the show back would "seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting." According to biography.com, O'Brien attended Harvard University, where he was president of The Harvard Lampoon humor magazine. He wrote for HBO's "Not Necessarily the News," NBC's "Saturday Night Live," and Fox's "The Simpsons."

O'Brien will make his final appearance tonight as host of "The Tonight Show" and will be free to "pursue other opportunities" as soon as September 1, the parties said in a joint statement. Triumph, the Insult Dog, stays with NBC. Sit, Triumph! Good dog

Silver Member

Post Number: 913
Alright here it is .. my review on Dreambox...

Very hard to set box... No serial cable but USB and lil hard to use loader.

DONT BUY IT IF UR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT PAL INPUT!!

so in other words this is only good if u have one of newer TV which takes pal and NTSC...

Even the plug which goes in hydro is European style (indian style round pins)

This receiver only sends PA: signals.

Picture quality is super good thou.

Here is the biggest issue. It needs SCART cable but TVs in North America do not have SCART input so you will need a converter for sure whch will change SCART to normal north america RCA audio video output and u will need a plug to change round pins to flat pins for hydro...

also has Svideo but then u can get audio so only option is to have SCART converter.. i ordered one online but its gonna take few days to come so will test that and post results.

Right now i got picture but no audio coz i o connected it with Svideo.. pic quality is really good!!

this is a box only in Europe or UK not made for north american users so u gotta make changes..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15875
Dreambox announced yesterday -- Conan O'Brien
The flame-haired comedian has signed a deal with NBC to walk away from "The Tonight Show." The Wall Street Journal reported that the pact -- some $45 million for O'Brien and his staff -- contains a "non-disparagement clause" for both O'Brien and the network, which means they can't say nasty things about each other in public.

O'Brien has been at odds with NBC since the network tried to push "The Tonight Show" to a later time slot. The dispute erupted into a weeks-long controversy that galvanized fans of the show and roiled the entertainment industry. The deal reinstates Jay Leno as host of "The Tonight Show" at 11:35 p.m.

O'Brien, who has hosted the show for just seven months, objected to the change. He said in a January 12 letter addressed to "People of Earth" that moving the show back would "seriously damage what I consider to be the greatest franchise in the history of broadcasting." According to biography.com, O'Brien attended Harvard University, where he was president of The Harvard Lampoon humor magazine. He wrote for HBO's "Not Necessarily the News," NBC's "Saturday Night Live," and Fox's "The Simpsons."

O'Brien will make his final appearance tonight as host of "The Tonight Show" and will be free to "pursue other opportunities" as soon as September 1, the parties said in a joint statement. Triumph, the Insult Dog, stays with NBC. Sit, Triumph! Good dog

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17699
Pannu: You will find plenty of Scarts advertised in ebay.
Also you might try getting a Scart to composite video adaptor.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15879
Pannu: You will find plenty of Scarts advertised in ebay.
Also you might try getting a Scart to composite video adaptor

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17702
Another solution is to get a scart to composite and to other forms. However you can't get a Scart to HDMI because HDMI standard is more stingent.
Havin said that, HDMI-CEC is derived from SCART's AV.link, but is not the standard in North America.

Silver Member

Post Number: 914
but signals will stay PAL..i ordered one already but its kinda stupid they wont make it universal RF output atleast.. make it SCART and regular RF out put instead of Svideo..

I ordered one on EBAY but now i gotta wait when i can watch TV.,.

LK why did u post same thing as Nalin..??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us