Mitsubishi WS 65905 Lamp & Housing Upgrade

Username: Twalklett

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitsubishi WS 65905. Ever since it was new in 2000, the picture was great at night, not too bright during the day. I do have a lot of light in the room. I did remove the shield to provide better viewing but it still was not bright enough. However, now my lamp has been giving my problems (i.e turning off occasionally, I would shut down TV for a minute and turn back on and the picture would return) As I consider repair options, I was wondering if a higher wattage lamp and housing from a new unit may be an upgrade that would work. I believe the current lamp is 150 Watt and I was hoping a 250 watt lamp and housing could work. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 41
looking for a lamp.. here you go..

http://www.projectorlampsworld.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Zobeii77

Pakistan

Post Number: 13
Above mentioned Lamphttp://www.projectorlampsworld.com/ site has really helped me alot.. the most reliable place to buy lamps from.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 2332
I know it's a 'little late', but the OP has hopefully already figured out that going to a brighter lamp is not an option. Lamps / housings /light engines are engineered together. Cooling will be an issue, too, since the fan and cooling was set for a 150watt lamp. The additional heat from a 250 will overwhelm the cooling system.

Bronze Member
Username: Zobeii77

Pakistan

Post Number: 19
Thanks leo, well you can keep using the bulb but I bet if you replace it with the new one you will notice a huge difference. Your old bulb cannot possible work as well as the new one because with as many hours as you have on it it is more then likely only half as bright as the new one would be at best!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us