HD TV comparison

Username: Alphamale41

Richmond, Va

Post Number: 1
I am FINALLY breaking down and getting a large HD TV. I have held off for a long time since getting a Sony Trinitron about 8 years ago and keeping my nice entertainment center that unfortunately can only hold a 30'' TV. Tired of seeing everyone else's sweet TV's, I'm gonna sell the entertainment center and finally get the TV I want (ironically I don't watch much TV anymore except online, but do still watch a lot of movies). Even though you can get the 'best deals' online I will probably join Costco and get it there since the price is definitely right and you get a 3 year warranty for free tacked on if you get it with their American express (which I will get, use once and never again..haha).

My question is basically choosing between the Toshiba 46XV640U and the Samsung LN46B610. Both are 46'', 1080p and 120HZ TV's. I will be sitting about 9ft away from the TV and don't need too many bells and whistles as it will be used mostly for movies and some TV (maybe more if the nature and sports shows are THAT nice looking!) Costco has them both and the Samsung is $100 more. They were side by side and both look great. Is there anything in the Samsung (including maybe name and reliablity?) worth the extra $100 ?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4165
If you're going to be watching movies why are you looking at LCDs? Unless you're in an overly bright room plasma will give you far better picture quality at a lot lower price. You can get a Panasonic or Samsung 50" right now for $700 shipped. I'd recommend the Panasonic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us