Samsung 5067 freezes, green lines, tunes only HD cable channels, etc...

Username: Jburgoon

Post Number: 1
My 5067 freezes randomly and often has green lines or blocks in the picture. Sound comes and goes along with the image. This is only in TV mode, picture is fine with other sources. I can usually fix this temporarily by unplugging the tv and plugging back in until it works correctly, but it is totally random and REALLY annoying. Also, problem #2 - even with no freezes or green lines, the digital HD channels with a dash one ending (5-1) seem to work much better than standard cable channels. Often, if I try flipping to a standard channel like 39, I get nothing and my tv starts acting irradically. At other times, they work just fine. Interestingly, they always seem to have a perfect image if they are just in the Picture-in-Picture and not the main channel. I am using a coax straight to the tv with no box or other instrument in between. Once any of these issues occur, my tv starts acting completely irradically (can't change channel, adjust volume, use remote...I just have to unplug it and try again). Other tv's work just fine from this outlet. Any and all of your help is much MUCH APPRECIATED!

Username: Gemma_m_s

Post Number: 1
I am having the same EXACT problem with my Samsung purchased in 2006. Any luck with diagnosing the problem? Seems to me when you pay $2000 for a tv, it should last longer than 3 years..}

Post Number: 2
I spoke to Samsung Warranty Dept and they gave me the standard "replace the bulb" answer. It's in the mail and I will post an update if this does the trick. I doubt it though, as the pic is fine for the few seconds when there actually is one. Another tech told me it sounded like the power board needs replaced...but I guess I'll follow the path of the warranty until it starts costing me.

Anyone else out there been through this and know the correct solution?

Post Number: 3
Oh yeah - since my initial post, my tv got worse. It would power on with a perfect picture for 5 seconds or so, then freeze, go black, and begin a cycle of powering itself on and off 5-6 times before ultimately shutting down. This is the issue they diagnosed as "replacing the lamp". The lamp appeared fine to me when inspected, but I'll give it a try since it's under warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us