DVD Player Doesn't show video with Digital cable box

Username: Pdateacher

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony DVP NC615 5 Disc changer which is pugged into a Radio Shack RF Modulator. I had basic cable but we upgraded to Digital Cable (box) and now the DVD player doesn't show the picture or audio on the TV.
So the cable line comes into the Digital box then out to the RF Modulator, then out to the TV.
Any ideas as to why I no longer have a picture or sound from the DVD player?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 172
Are you saying that the coax cable from the wall goes to the digital cable box and then a 2nd coax cable goes from the digital cable box to the RF modulator?

Post Number: 2
The coax connects from the wall to the digital cable box; it then runs from the box to the rf modulator; then from the modulator to the TV. The DVD player connects form the player to the RF modulator.
I hope this helps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
I have a Radio Shack modulator too for my old 13" TV that has just RF input.

I have it connected as you do, so I am not sure why you can't see and hear anything from the DVD player..

When the DVD player is turned on, the red light on the front of the RF modulator lights up. Otherwise, if the DVD player is off, I just see the cable channels on my TV.

Post Number: 3
The light on the modulator is lit but there is just snow on the TV.

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
The only thing I can think of is make sure that your TV is set to channel that the RF modulator is set to. It is either 3 or 4.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us