Samsung DLP Buzzing

Username: Ediaa

Post Number: 1
Hey gang, I have a 4 year old Samsung HL-r5667w DLP. Recently it has begun buzzing a 10-15 seconds after the TV is turned on. It is coming from the left side of the TV and sometimes it is very loud and other times barely noticeable. The picture and sound are perfect. I have seen other posts that this may be the color wheel but could it also be the cooling fan for the bulb? Is there a way to test?
Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvtroublesolution

San Diego, California USA

Post Number: 44
Hi Troy

Check the cooling fan first, there are two of them, one for the lamp and another one for the DMD board, maybe they have a lot of dust in them and this affects their RPM, if you feel any vibrations in the TV then it could be the color wheel

Check this wizard, it may help out
http://www.fixyourdlp.com/wizard/wizard.html

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 11
Why don`t you try changing the fans they might not be working fine but first try cleaning the fans, things should work smoothly.

Username: Weaponstheyfear

Post Number: 2
It is the color wheel, I had this same problem. It would happen to me when I turned the set on, and gradually it would stop. Eventually it became a full time annoyance.

I opened up and pulled the color wheel out. It had a ton of filth on it, so I cleaned it with a cue tip ( no liquids ) and it seemed to solve the problem, for awhile.

It started happening agian, and last time I went to clean it out I did something, because now shading is off on my tv :-(

Good luck, always worth a try before you replace.

Username: Ediaa

Post Number: 2
Thank you for all of the responses. I ordered a color wheel, it arrived, and when I pulled the old one I found out that the company had sent an L6 drive instead of the L3 that I purchased. I cleaned everything up with a vacuum, put it all back together, and now the noise is completely gone. So, I am going to send the wrong one back and will wait for now. For those of you who have this noise problem but with no loss of picture, you might want to lightly vacuum the color wheel and its surroundings before you order or while you wait for your new one.

Username: Blonde_repairwoman

Tampa, Fl Usa

Ok guys I REALLY need your help. I tried to replace my color wheel using the link from an older post (sept 23 2005) I got everything apart - I already purchased color wheel, went to unplug the color wheel plug (3 wires, 2 white, 1 blue) and all the wires pulled out!!!! The male plug is still attached to the female part in the outlet in the board. I've tried for an hour to gently pull out the plug without loosening it front he board using needle nose, tweezers, pocket Knife- no luck. There is another outlet under that one - nothing was plugged into it, do you think i can use that one?
Could it be possible that samsung was generous enough to give us anouther outlet in the event this happened?

Username: Aorduna

Hi Leah,

I just ran into that same problem right now...
What was your fix on that? was samsung that generous?

I'm kinda of stuck right now.. I hope you still read this before I do something else wrong
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us