Vizio gets audio but no picture

Username: Dicepackage

Post Number: 4
Vizio 50 Inch Plasma
Model: P50HDTV20A
Manufactured: November 2007
Condition: No video, working audio, TV is responsive

My 50 inch Vizio Plasma tv gets no picture. The audio works and the tv responds when you hit buttons on the remote but just no picture or backlight. I never heard the pop of death but I believe that is what is happening. I opened the TV up and didn't notice any broken capacitors. I did hear a faint buzz from one microchip on the upper buffer board. I'd like to know what would happen if I replaced the buffer board. Is there a possibility that if something else is wrong that I might just kill the new board? Also does anyone have any idea what might be the cause of the problem since I am just kind of taking an educated guess about the buffer board. I bought the TV second hand and I don't have the original receipt so I can't return it as some other people have suggested I do.

Username: Yelasten

Post Number: 1
Im haveing the same problem with mine. i was going to try the y sustain next. but i bought the buffer board and installed it with out a problem. i still have no screen though. i checked all the power points. all with in spec.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us