Samsung DLP shuts off after 30 seconds

Username: Cleonard73

Chesapeake, VA

Post Number: 1
I have a Samsung HLSA4676SX 46 Inch DLP, when I turn the TV on I get a picture for about 30 seconds then the picture disappears and I still have sound for another 10 seconds or so. Once the picture and the sound are gone I have 3 flashing lights on the front of the TV. I want to replace the bulb but before I do I was wondering if this could be something else. The TV is 2 and a half years old.

Username: Trece

TijuanaMexico

Hi Chris,

Well, the normal lifespan of this UHP lamps are about 3500hrs to 4500hrs on generic lamps, the Philips lamp is around 6000hrs to 8000hrs, you can read how this lamps works at
http://www.discount-merchant.com/how-dlp-works-like-magic-a/141.html?Click=48426

"The lamp itself typically uses AC current and about 15,000 volts to ignite the lamp's mercury vapor gas. The gases inside the lamp react when electricity charges up the mercury gas creating very bright light. The voltage drops to keep the flow of electricity to the lamp."

Is similar as the front lights of your car, with halogen gas instead, with the time and use, this gas runs out and they get dimmer. Same thing with this ones, until it reaches some point where there is no enough gas inside to keep and maintain the lamp on. I am sure that if you continue to use it, it will get into a point where the lamp is not going to even ignite.

Your Lamp's Model # is on the back of your left speakers on a sticker, I believe is a BP96-01653A but double check I found them on ebay and here
http://www.discount-merchant.com/Samsung-BP96-01653A-p/samsung-bp96-01653a_lamp_ oem.htm?Click=48426

Chesapeake, VA

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your explanation in this matter Jake, I went ahead and ordered the bulb from discount-merchants and I made sure to order the phillips bulb in the samsung housing, hope it fixes my problem, as soon as I hook it up i will let you know.

Username: Wendys

I have a Samsung HLS6187W that is 2-1/2 years old. When I turn it on I get a picture for about 30 seconds, then the picture disappears and I continue to get sound for about 10 more seconds. Once the picture and sound are gone, I have 3 flashing lights on the front. Visually inspecting the lamp it looks fine and the picture is as good as when it was new. It is not the lamp door cover switch or the temp sensor. Does this sound like a problem with the bulb, the ballast or a board? Any help would be appreciated.

Chesapeake, VA

Post Number: 3
I had to replace the bulb and the tv came back to life, now I have an issue with the white dots, but Samsung is aware of the issue and is fixing it at no charge to me :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us