Sammy DLP - metallic noise? Picture and sound still perfect

Username: Arrowhead

Post Number: 1
My Samsung HLN467W is 4 y.o. and generates a metallic whirring noise upon startup that alternates between noticable and downright loud.

Here's the catch: picture and broadcast sound remain flawless. The metallic sound remains nearly constant from the TV enclosure. What is the most likely cause of this issue? Thanks in advance.

Username: Jaymora2009

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 4
Hi Mike

Do you see or feel any vibrations on the TV when this occurs? Do you hear any winding, whirling or screeching noise on the TV, if this is the case it could be an issue with your color wheel and definitely and needs to be replaced but I advise to check this with a technician in your area or through an authorized service center too. If you need the color wheel here is the one you need according to samsungparts.com info
http://www.samsungparts.com/part_detail.asp?catalog_name=Parts+and+Accessories&p roduct_id=BP96-00250A&search_model=HLN467W

Good Luck

Username: Samuel11

Post Number: 2
Hi Mike,

If you are hearing this noises,that's your Color Wheel.
The reason fot that is because your color wheel spins 5000rpms(revolution per minute) and something that modifies the balance if the disc can cause different things.Unfortunately in order to check if your color wheel is working properly you need to open your TV and physically check out.

Grinding= Most probably the color disc is broken and you need to replace it.

Spinning / Buzzing = The bearing of the wheel is loose and is loosing its balance,eventually it will brake.

The best thing to do is to take the color wheel out and spin it ,if you feel that the disc kind of wobbles or doesn't spin smoothly you have to replace it.

You can check DM they have very good prices
http://www.discount-merchant.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=samsung%20color%20whee l

I hope this will help,please keep us posted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us