Is dishnet coming to canada

Silver Member
Username: Mcrabbycabby

Wpg, Man Canada

Post Number: 107
i heard it was coming for sub this year and would that meen direct will come?

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 289
and who did you hear that from?

Silver Member
Username: Elmoxp

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 310
Lie !! Big time
Bell wont let Dish or Direct come to Canada,
CRTC is the one that approve this, and CRTC is Canadian Gov, and Bell is gov too.
so you dont want to put another company in Canada to kill its own company, also Dish has Channels that are not permited in Canada, mean no licences to operate in Canada, and some channels like Discovery, has a Franchaise in Canada.

Silver Member
Username: Bernardmi

Post Number: 624
Elmo not only Bell would object to it. Rogers, Shaw (StarChoice), Cogeco, Videotron all of those would block any US arrivals.

CRTC is a tribunal of its own. It regulates itself by itself and cannot be influenced by members of parliament. Only when the laws are changed can they be influenced. No one has succeeded influencing CRTC in the past.

Bell is a private company. No link to Govt or CRTC.

Silver Member
Username: Kingofdakingz

Post Number: 474
but i think u can have someones else address there and catch the signal here with dishnet box, i think thats possible

Silver Member
Username: Elmoxp

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 312
Bell has a Part Private but the Gov control the big part,
now rogers is Full Private and Shaw, and honest i hate those Regulation, i see a lot People here putting FTA KU Antennas just because CRTC does not let Spanish, Chinnesse, Arabian and all coming to Canada,

Username: Schlickster

Post Number: 1
from what I was told by bell installer was that bell has bought dishnet not too sure how true

Silver Member
Username: Cntrlaltdel

Post Number: 290
Bell couldn't afford Dish Network... and no Bell is in no way owned by the Canadian Government, they do have friends in the government and CRTC though.

With the exception of Bell's hardware (echostar) the rest of their service is the worst in Canada, Shaw Direct is a way better company, but they use Motorola junk.If FTA ever dies away, I'll sub DTV or Dishnet before I'd ever give a Canadian provider a dime for anything more than basic cable... which I have now!

Silver Member
Username: Hannity

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, ADM FOR BAN YOU

Post Number: 115
I am ready for wide open competition, have had it to here with the Forest Rangers. Time to disband the CRTC and fold the CBC.

Silver Member
Username: Hannity

MAYBE I CAN ASK TO, ADM FOR BAN YOU

Post Number: 116
I sub to DTV in Canada, just started a month ago.

Username: Sandyr

Post Number: 10
i just disconnected Rogers rip off guys. Even after I cancelled in June they have been billing me for 2 mths now and you have to wait for an hour on the phone to be transfered to some rep who would transfer you back and forth and a - " Sorry Sir it is the computer doing it crap excuse" .

I think I can wait it off till the fixes come out. If Dish or Direct comes to Canada I would rejoice and party that day so that there is competition for the Rogers and Bell monopolies here.

Silver Member
Username: Master_lee

Post Number: 196
Sandy
I think I can wait it off till the fixes come out. If Dish or Direct comes to Canada I would rejoice and party that day so that there is competition for the Rogers and Bell monopolies here.

sandy, don't hold your breath it will not happen.
Not in our lifetime.

Silver Member
Username: Rescate

VENEZUELA, M...

Post Number: 399
That is IMPOSSIBLE, everythng coming to canada is FILTERED OUT by our goverment, If they leave DN to come they will chop a lot of channels, it not will be the same DN.

Regards
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us