Panasonic DMR-T6070P PLEASE WAIT U99

Username: John_h_van_allen

Santo Domingo, D. N. Dominican Re...

Post Number: 1
Unit ran fine since feb 2005 but now is locked in "PLEASE WAIT" or U99 error. Panasonic says send back but found good info except for wrong unit at www.dxcc.com/dmr-e85h.htm Does anybody have any similar experience but with my model. Also how can I learn the secret commands. Some of those at the above site worked on my unit but it's still unusable. I am an electronic tech so can solder and work at component levels.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4145
Try cleaning the laser lens with a q-tip wet with alcohol. Clean the spindle the disc sits on with the same thing. The Panasonics are famous for discs slipping on the spindle.

Post Number: 2
The U99 error is a data issue during the booting up proceedure at start up. I cannot start the unit. I've read about this and the person who wrote the article in my first post was able to resolve the issue but his was a DRM-E85H I was hoping to find somebody with experience on my model, the DMR-T6070P I never had any problems with discs slipping or dirty lasers. This problem is different but thanks any way for your suggestion.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4146
U99 is a disc read error. Have you tried replacing the HDD?

Post Number: 3
I have an older model HDD in stock and will compare it with the one in the unit to try doing that. Per Panasonic U99 is called "Hang Up" and is a communication error between the Main Processor and the Timer Processor. I thought these boards functioned independently from the HDD but will try if mine will work. Thanks for ideas. Hope our exchanges will help others because it seems that a lot of people have suffered from this problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us