Samsung DLP powering on failure

Username: Cardan

Palm harbor, Florida Usa

Post Number: 1
Samsung DLP HL-T4675S - Problem started approx. a month ago with the TV powering off by itself once or twice a day. Hit the power on and everything was fine. The powering off increased until it would not power on. The indicator lights were all blinking. So a replacement Philips lamp was installed. After the new lamp, the TV still will not power on. When attempting to power on the Lamp light blinks, the melody sound is heard, sounds like a fan starts, then it turns off with the stand by/temp light on. The lamp does not come on. It cycles through this process three times and then all the indicator lights are blinking. Any suggestions. Thanks Dan

Username: Craigdlp50

California

Post Number: 2
Daniel,

Similar problem with my HLT5075S.
I've replaced the lamp and ballast, but no fix.
Tech told me he replaced a digital control board in
the same model as mine with no results.
I'm wondering if it is a sensor malfunctioning that is tripping the
TV off. I've read that the color wheel has a sensor on it
that could cause this problem, but been unable to confirm that.
The other thing to check is the power to the ballast. If it isn't getting the
right voltage, it will not power the light.
My problem is so intermittent it drives me nuts. It never does the same
thing at the same time intervals. Frustrating, and two techs I have
talked to have not offered a solution.

Username: Cardan

Palm harbor, Florida Usa

Post Number: 2
Thanks for assistance, based on what I have been reading on this forum and one other forum the problem was correctly diagnosed as a color wheel failure. I replaced the color wheel today and all is well again with my DLP. I reviewed the color wheel replacement video on Myspace and it was helpful. But, what I found most helpful was the Service Manual for my model. I picked up a copy of Ebay for $7.95. The Service Manual had the color wheel replacement with instructions and pictures
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us