Viewing TV from side brighter then....Samsung 650

Username: Alexz28

Post Number: 1
I just got 46 LCD Samsung 650 and have mounted it above the fireplace. The one thing I noticed right away was when watching TV from side (like 4 feet from center) the picture is quite a bit more brighter then when watching it from front. I went to bestbuy and looked at another TV (same model) and I didn't notice that, also sales people never heard anything about that. Anyone know why is it like that and for those that have same TV model have you noticed that?

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10485
i have the same exact tv you do and i can't say ive noticed mine being brighter from the side. but mine is at eye level, where it is supposed to be :-)

if you can't have it at eye level, then the plane of sight from you to the tv should be flat.
what i mean to say is if the tv is mounted above you on a wall, then it needs to be angled down so that you are viewing the screen flat when you look up at it. otherwise it will tint and shade the picture as if you were viewing it from off-angle...which it sounds like you are.

Post Number: 2
The same thing is when I am standing and looking at it eye level, then move to the side 3-4 feet. I also have adjustable angle mount so I can angle it down.

I really don't know why mine its like that, I am using very cheap component cables right now, I am hoping that's why. I will try HDMI, but I doubt it will do anything.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 4135
Cables are cables pretty much. Unless you've got interference of some kind, long cable runs, or a very high end TV, expensive cables won't make any difference.

If you go to the store and don't see their TV do what yours does, I'd exchange it before it's too late and you're stuck with it.

Post Number: 3
Well, I guess I am stuck with it now. Its been over 2 monthes now since the purchase, TV its at my new house which I didn't move in yet and I have been meaning to do something with it but I have been busy and never got around to it. Its not as bad you may think, I can tell its little bit brighter but others probably wouldn't notice it.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

Steady as she goes...

Post Number: 10486
well...either way good luck!

Bronze Member
Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 33
I think most of the LCD has this kind of side angle viewing problem. Unlike Plasma, side angle view is no problem at all...My friend who bought LCD also experienced this kind of problem...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us