Samsung HL-S4676S white spots!

Username: Easyriderxx

Post Number: 1
I have the above referenced Samsung DLP rear projection TV. It is out of warrantee, of course. I have white spots in the picture. Little pinpoints of white. Started out just 2, a month later up to propably 200.
Any ideas on what is causing this and can I fix it?

Thank you un advance for any insight.

Bronze Member
Username: Tvtroublesolution

San Diego, California USA

Post Number: 25
Hi David,

Check all the TV inputs, test your DVD and your gaming console and if you have the same issue, then it sounds like the DMD, otherwise check your antenna or cable service.

The DMD board has a DLP chip made of 2 million mirrors (pixels) which reflect the light into the screen. The mirrors tilt to the ON or OFF position (ON = reflect light, OFF = do not reflect light) so if this chip isn't working right, the mirrors won't tilt and they probably stay in the ON position reflecting the light giving you those white spots. A new DMD should resolve this problem.

You'll see more on the DMD, DLP and CMOS DDR SRAM chip in this site:
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/dlp1.htm

Username: Easyriderxx

Post Number: 2
Thank you Robert, I appreciate your diagnosis.

Any idea on a good online discount parts store, and is this board very hard to replace?

Thank you again,
David

Bronze Member
Username: Tvtroublesolution

San Diego, California USA

Post Number: 32
Hey David,

I went to Samsungparts.com, I entered your TV model number and I was able to get the DMD part number which is BP96-01670A, Samsung sells it without the DLP chip so I would recommend to Google the part number to check different online companies and theirs prices, for example:

>www.partstore.com
>www.discount-merchant.com
>www.encompassparts.com

Good Luck David!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us