Samsung hl-p5085w DLP DMD board diagnosis

Username: Kfc103

Post Number: 1
I see alot of help here, hope I am as lucky as others. I have Samsung HL-P5085 DLP TV, lamp replaced once, no problem.
Now have a black screen when turning the set on (Screen has a very small hint of light coming through) Set does have white light out the back from lamp. main problem is Samsung authorized tech came out, w/in 3 mins said it's the DMD board. He does say he would replace it for approx high $600 number (I am aware of the policy ofold part rebate for the rec'd DMD board approx $350) So price for part and repair seems fair. My question is how can i tell if the DMD borad is problem..any help is appreciated..thanks

Username: Sanriv

Post Number: 1
hi,

we were given a Samsung 50" DLP, the owner says he had it for about 3-4 years now and already has had repairs, he said they "Glued a chip". My husband called a couple of techs here in our area to try & diagnose the problem and see how much it will cost to repair. In reading about this tv it seems like it's just a big headache...my question is, should we just go on our merry way due to all the issues or is it worth keeping/fixing?

Username: Coolpairpl

Post Number: 10
Hi Sandra, I'm in the same situation with a 61". Being that you are in the 50" range you could buy a new LCD with 1 year warranty for around 800.00. and if you don't need to have 1080p, if 720p would do, even less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us