HDTV

Username: Ikep

Post Number: 1
I have timewarner DVR with a HDTV. I want to keep the DVR (which is not HDef,) and I wish to use the High Def capabilities of my new TV. Can I string the boxes together so they go into the TV in the same input? Or must I split the feed and use both boxes..annoying because I then have to swith inputs to watch HD and back to watch recorded shows.

Anonymous

Unfortunately you may have to deal with the multiple formats problem. In order to get the best signal (hence best picture), you should connect your HD source to your component video, DVI or Firewire input of your HDTV. I can only assume that the best output from your DVR is S-video. So yes, you may have to switch back and fore to watch different things. Using a remote, it is only a push of the button.

Unregistered guest
I live in Los angeles lax area it looks to be 30 miles to transmitter have a 2 story house hdtv on bottom floor if i try indoor antenna and it doesn't work and i buy outdoor ant can that be hooked into the dish directly or do i need to run another cable into the house and plug that into my dish hdtv receiver I hate watching nfl without hd only games i can see our on espn hd im so confused thanks for the help and Happy Thanksgiving Jeff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us