Another Samsung DLP problem!

Username: Caked

Post Number: 1
Hey, I recently tried to hook my laptop to my computer with a VGA cord and as I was connecting the VGA cord to the laptop from the TV it all of a suddenly blew a huge spark and melted some of the cords tip and some of the connection on my latptop! I never had encountered this before with getting sparks from a VGA cord... Well as soon as I knew it the picture on my TV was completely ruined with lines going horizontal and barely able to see the actual picture on the TV. All the color is distorted as well. So I decided to let it cool down and rest for a little before starting it up again. Once I started it up I saw that the picture was fine again with a little fuzz from what just had happened but alot better from before. But about after a couple minutes it started to heat up more my picture started to distort again and show horizontal lines and distorted color. I checked my bulb and it was fine, but I havnt checked the dmd or the color wheel yet.
Now my question is if it isn't the color wheel what else could of been fried or gotten messed up? I am thinking about buying a new TV, but I want to make sure this one is completely unrepairable without spending an arm and a leg? Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks

Username: Caked

Post Number: 2
bump! anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us