Mitsubishi WT-46809 powers off; code 2-2

Username: Tcoman

San antonio, Texas Usa

Post Number: 1
Help, please!

My 2001 Mitsu powers on, then off after about 2 seconds. Code is 2-2 blinks. Fuses F9A05 and F9A04 (125V, 5A) on the + and -24 volt rails are open (internally).

I had replaced the convergence IC's 18 months ago-- been working fine. THat time I had no blown fuses, just the rainbow.

Now, the power problem. I replaced the convergence IC's last night, and the 2 pico fuses, but still the power on-off. Still have 2-2 blink code.

This time, only fuse F9A04 is open (+ 24 volt rail). The -24 volt rail is OK.

Resoldered IC's, checked for shorts. Nothing there that I can detect. Something else is going on.

Anybody care to help a retiree figure this girl out? I'm a 30-year Air Force (retired) electronic tech, with equipment and background-- this one has me stumped. I always did hate short circuits-- a real round robin everytime!

If you could spare a tech manual for the WT-46809 I'd really appreciate it. PDF format to email at tcoman@sbcglobal.net would be great. With a schematic, I might have a chance. Right now I'm running solder traces and reading the silk-screening for what info I can get. If I can see the circuit that makes up the + 24 volts and who it feeds, I can probably get it fixed.

Thanks so much!

Ty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us