Silver Member
Username: Fortec01

Post Number: 139
what do u guys think about this t.v any reason i should not get it

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10292
unless you can find one cheaper than BB has one. i wouldn't get it. it has the same Response time my tv has and mine is 2 years old. i know the contrast ratios are a poor statistic to go by but on that tv it is relatively low compared to most of the other tvs out now.
ummmm try to look at a Sharp or Samsung set. they are usually cheaper per real estate of screen(screen size) and have all of the same features(if not more than) of Sony.

well. i saw one on BB for 1200. and for a few hunge more. you could have a 1080p set with a much faster(like 3 miliseconds is noticeable to my eye, mostly for reducing blur) response time for about the same price.

......your best bet is to spend some time on a website like www.cnet.com and try to get familiar with some of their tvs they like to give editor's choice. you usually cant go wrong with one of their picks. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Fortec01

Post Number: 140
what about this tv any opinions compared to the sony LG - 42" 1080p 120Hz Flat-Panel LCD HDTV
Model: 42LG70 | SKU: 8833701

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 579
Why 1080P? On a 42 inch TV tou will not see the benifit of 1080P unless you feed it Blu_ray and then only if you 4 to 6 feet away from the set. 1080P is best when it is viewed on a large set 60 inches or larger.

Platinum Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 10295
you can get a 1920 x 1080 resolution on a 21" computer monitor. so you saying that 1080p is a waste of money on a 42" set isn't really making a lot of sense. sorry

1. Blu-ray
2. Xbox 360
3. Playstation 3
4. Comp with 1080 rez output.

1080p has many uses. and most tv's in the $1000 price range have it standard. there is no sense in getting caught up in 1080p vs. 720p. if you are sitting a great distance away from the tv, then yes 720 has the advantage b/c you dont have to sit as close for your eye to process the extra lines of resolution as when viewing 1080p.
MOST people don't sit far enough away from their tvs to begin with, so 1080p IMO would be far better suited for most people's living rooms where they have their 52" and sit 8 feet away. lol

like I and many others will say. the top 3 tv's when it comes to LCD Flat panel sets is Sony, Samsung, and Sharp(in no particular order).

Panasonics and Pioneers if i am not mistaken are doing the best right now for Plasma tvs. i am not as familiar with plasmas so i will not try to sound like i am. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us