Samsung DLP HLT5076SX/XAA Two lights blinking

Username: Naima786

Post Number: 1
I have had my tv for just over a year (warranty just ran out) and a week ago my tv stopped working and I concluded (without prior training) that the bulb must need replacing. I did so myself and the tv worked again. NOW, a week later, I am having problems again. When I turn the tv on it seems like it is just fine but the lamp light starts blinking 5 or so times. The pic and sound come up but then everything turns off and the two opposite lights (lamp and standby) keep flashing. Hitting power button does nothing and I actually have to cut the power supply. The first couple times I just waited and then I turned it back on and it worked fine. Now, I am not so lucky. I have a hunch that it is the cooling fan. Not possitive. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

If anyone knows how I find the part I need (not sure how to tell which one I need). Where can I find it and instructions on how to install would be great. Until then, I am without my tv.
Thank you.

Username: Mickey_rn

Summerville, SC United States

Post Number: 2
Cassandra,
I think I agree with you. I had a problem with Fan 2. At least that is what the message was that flashed on the screen. I removed the back cover and watched the fans and could see that the one that cooled the fan was not turning. I replaced that fan, it was a fairly straight forward process. Now, when I power up the tv, the fans work but I cannot get the flashing check fan message to go away. http://www.jangro.com/a/2006/09/29/samsung-dlp-how-to-replace-fan-2/ this site offers some small insight into the how-to of fan replacement. By the way, I chose to replace the fan with just a plain ol' computer fan rather than forking over $40 for an OEM fan.
There was some discussion on the jangro site about the type of fan used by Samsung. I had no trouble putting the fan in and I can see that it is turning now.

Username: Scott367

Buffalo Grove, IL USA

Post Number: 3
Cassandra -

I have the same problem on my 50" Samsung HLT5075s . The lamp went out, then 3 months later after replacing it the tv broke again. I turn it on, the lamp flickers on and off for about 5 seconds then it shuts off. The STBY and LAMP leds start blinking. From here I have to unplug the TV to actually get it to turn off.

Both my fans are working fine though, did you ever find a solution to your problem?

Username: Naima786

Yes, my lamp cover was not on properly. It turns out that I forgot to screw the outside cover on after replacing the bulb. There is a detector switch for the cover and the tv doesn twork unless the cover is on. That should fix the two blinking lights problem. I hope that helps.

Username: Jamiewing

Thank you so much for the post of Feb. 15. I tried to turn on the tv without the back cover. I spent a number of hours trying to figure out why it flashed the lamp/temp light. Then I read this thread, put the back cover on (with all screws), and "wah-la" it turned on like magic. Thank you for your comments!

Username: Jamiewing

Thank you so much for the post of Feb. 15. I tried to turn on the tv without the back cover. I spent a number of hours trying to figure out why it flashed the lamp/temp light. Then I read this thread, put the back cover on (with all screws), and "wah-la" it turned on like magic. I NEVER would have thought this was the problem. Thank you for your comments!

Bronze Member
Username: Lucky101

HydeabadUnited States

Post Number: 20
I had this issue on my 50" Samsung HLT5075 had to change the lamp as there was no such issue of cover with me.

Username: Guitar321

HLT 4675S DLP TV WHEN I TURN TV ON LAMP COMES ON ALSO FANS,LAMP LIGHT FLASHING TIMER IS OFF,NEW LAMP,LAMP DOOR SCREWS SECURED.NO PICTURE NO SOUND LAMP IS ON, POWER SWITCH ON FRONT DOES NOTHING WHEN I TRY TO TURN OFF ONLY WHEN THIS HAPPENS.HAVE TO UNPLUG AND PLUG IN AGAIN TO RESET THEN TV TURNS ON IMMEDIATLY BY ITS SELF AND WORKS FINE PROBLEM IS INTERMITTENT ,HELP!!!

Username: Griz

I purchased a samsung dlp hlt5076sx/xaa 50" in Dec. 2007. Within 8 months the sound went completely out. I called samsung and got the run-around, they never offerd to fix it. I was very irrate. I ended up just connecting a stereo to the satellite receiver to get sound. One week ago (03-06-2010) the tv started turning off by itself and displays several white dots. Needless to say I'm not to happy. You would think a $2000 tv would last longer than 2-3 years and an extended warranty would not be necessary. Obviously after reading all the other posts I'm not the only one having issues. I'm still irrate.

Username: Guitar321

DEAR GRIZ,AS FOR AUDIO PROBLEM TRY ALTERNATE AUDIO INPUT SOURCE ON TV ,OR A NEW A/V CORD FROM SAT. BOX TOO TV,AND THE OTHER PROBLEM MAKE SURE YOUR SLEEP TIMER IS OFF ON REMOTE,IF THATS NOT IT TAKE THE BACK PANEL OFF OF SET AT BOTTOM ONLY CLEAN DUST OFF OF COOLING FAN BLADES WITH Q-TIPS UNPLUG FIRST CARFULY VACCUM AS YOU GO SHOULD BE ABOUT 8 SCREWS NOT HARD TO DO JUST BE GENTILE ON THE BLADES ETC.

Username: Heathcliff

Cassandra - thanks so much. I have a 3 year old Samsung 67 inch. Just changed the lamp myself, via an Ebay purchase. Was very happy - then suddenly I also had the flashing light problem. Couldn't figure out how it could happen so quickly after the lamp. Your post solved the problem - or let's say, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The TV is running, and hasn't shut off immediately. Bravo!

Username: Orangita

My Samsung HLT5076S had some white dots that multipied very fast, I contacted Ask.com and was told I needed to change the lamp. I did so and when I turn the tv on the dots are still there. Please can some body give me ideas on what to do???

Username: Blackstring

Elsa! You have probably fixed this by now, but I just had this issue. It's not bulb related. you need to call Samsung and they will send someone out for free to replace a faulty part. It's a known issue on some of their DLP tvs.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1931
The manual that came with the TV or available on line will cover the indicator light blinking issue...and what the various combinations mean.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us