Samsung DLP HL-R5067 blinking lights

Username: Andyk

Post Number: 2
I've tried to search the forums for existing answers, but haven't found anything that matches my problem.

I recently picked a used HL-R5067 and found that the color wheel was broken. So I replaced it and the TV started working just fine. A couple of months later, I turned it on and found that the TV wouldn't turn on immediately, instead it for try once, fail, and then start up with a flickering screen that would become okay after a few minutes.

A week later, the TV stopped working completely, giving up after 3 attempts. Considering I had just replaced the color wheel, I figured it's likely either the lamp or the ballast that's causing this. I took a guess and ordered a ballast. I put the new ballast in today and found that the TV did come on for a second or two, but now it's gone into a state where if I plug in the TV, the Stadyby/Temp and LAMP lights start blinking after a few seconds (without turning on the TV). If I try to turn on the TV, it comes on for a second and then turns off and the lights start blinking.

Can anyone tell me what the problem might be? I guess it could be the lamp, but I do get picture for a second, so it doesn't seem like that (plus, the probability that the ballast, wheel and lamp all go bad within a couple of months is just too low).

Username: Andyk

Post Number: 3
I fixed it! Well, I fumbled upon whatever it is that fixed it. There's this blue lever towards the back of the assembly that seemed a bit interesting. I turned on the TV with the switch pulled up -- and vola! It works now! I'm not sure if it's truly what fixed the problem -- but I'm happy!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us