Sony LCD KDF-55WF655 no picture

Username: Kroorda

Grand Lake, CO USA

Post Number: 1
Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum, so bear with me. I have a KDF-55WF655 Sony Projection TV which has a great amount of difficulty displaying a picture when it is turned on. It is not a bulb as I can get the menu to display okay if I do a factory default/reset on the TV. When I turn the TV on, I get a good solid green LED. It looks like it's trying to sync or settle in on a picture, but just can't do it. Turning the TV off, waiting, then turning it back on doesn't help. However, if I unplug it for 20 minutes or so, that works and I get a picture. Once I have a picture, everything is okay; even if I change channels, Line Inputs, etc. However, if I turn the TV off, it is very likely that I will not have a picture next time I turn it on.... unless, of course, I completely power it down for 20 minutes or so. I've seen a lot of reports about the Optical Block, but the symptoms I'm experiencing don't seem to be along that line. I could be wrong though. Any help would be very, very much appreciated. (I've been around and worked with this type of equipment previously, so I'm not afraid to get inside of it.) Thanks again! Kent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us