8mm camcorder tapes to vcr adaptor

Username: Arnmarieh

Telford, Shropshire United Kingdom

Post Number: 1
hi
i have some old 8mm tapes with lots of film of the family on as i no longer have the camcorder i am after the vcr adaptor , i used to have one but have missed placed it and now i cant find it anywhere please could someone help me in finding somewhere to purchase one or if you know of somewhere please please please i am missing my family movies ,
thankyou

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3968
There is no such thing as an 8mm adapter for VHS recorders/players. 8mm tapes CANNOT be played on a VHS VCR. You need an 8mm camcorder or an 8mm VCR, the latter of which probably isn't very easy to find these days.

Post Number: 2
they can as we used to have one so i know you can i asked where i could get one not your veiw on wether they exist or not i know they exist , as i used to have one but i have misplaced it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3970
Adapters are for VHS-C tapes. You absolutely CANNOT play 8mm tapes on a VHS VCR. That's not a view, it's a fact. 8mm tapes are only about half the width of VHS tapes meaning they can't possibly follow the tape path which has to be very exact on a VCR. If the tape were run through a VHS it would destroy the tape and possibly the VCR heads too. Trust me, I've worked on VCRs for 20 years, you're wrong.
http://hometheater.about.com/cs/vcrs/a/aa8mmtovhsa.htm

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2405
­
Nice link David.
I'm sure liarni is confusing 8mm with VHS-C.

Post Number: 3
well your both wrong becuase i have got one . as i was lucky and my father inlaws brother had one and let me have it so you didnt learn much in your 20 years of working with vcr's did you you big headed arshole

Gold Member

Post Number: 4007
You're completely full of crap. Give a link to this supposed adapter that doesn't exist. If you have one post pictures. Nice try idiot.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2423
­
Upload

This is good!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4008
Gotta agree with that. Now let's see them produce something that doesn't exist. That'll be really good!

Username: Sloezangel

East Moline, Illinois United States

http://www.amazon.com/Maxell-Cassette-VHS-C-Adapter-290060/dp/B00012F6A6

it does exist.

Username: Hometheaterfan

Jenni - the link you provided is for a VHS-C to VHS adapter not an 8mm to VHS adapter - you will not find an 8mm to VHS Adapter.

Username: Burdman53

Post Number: 2
I have done this before but it is tedious and time consuming. There is a special mini screen you can use that reverses the image. You need to use an 8 mm projector and a camcorder. You set up the 8mm projector to play into the mini screen and the camcorder records what comes out on the other side. You can either record to the camcorder tape or if you have the right connectors, you can capture the video right on your computer. I went this route with some movies my father in law had and it worked quite well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us