LG Plasma Sporadically "Reconnecting"

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 82
Hello All (Its been a while since I posted),

I am having a unique issue with my three year old LG Plasma TV. I will be watching TV from either the HDMI or Component input and the screen will go black sporadically. Audio is unaffected. After about 15-20 seconds, a note flashes on the top right of the Plasma that says "HDMI Reconnecting". Once it reconnects, the picture comes back and remains that way for a period of minutes and then this issue occurs again. I will also tell you that the issue ocurrs not just watching cable TV but also when we use the PS3 video game as well. I am leaning toward the TV as being the problem but is there a chnace it could be something else? My issue here is that although I do have an extended warranty on the TV, the issue occurs sporadically and may not be seen when a technician comes out to the house. Any help or guidance that you might have in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2390
­
Well hey there Frank -- how's it going? Good to see you again.

So you have HDMI woes eh? Especially troubling in view the work to get everything going in the first place. It seems the HDMI bug rears its ugly head. Just when you think you've got it licked it turns and bites you in the ...

I agree that it must be the TV, if you have the same problem with two different HDMI sources. I would try contacting LG at 1-800-213-0000. Don't be surprised if the guy on the other end has an Indian accent, but who knows you might get lucky and get a solution.

In the mean time, you could try changing inputs on the TV and go back to the input you are using. If that works, it would be better than waiting the 15-20 seconds for reconnection. As a last resort, you could turn the TV off then on...which would also be faster than waiting for the reset to happen on its own.

This may be a known issue, meaning the technician may not need to see the screen go dark before he does his thing.

You didn't really mean to say the TV says "HDMI Reconnecting" when you're on a component input, did you?
­

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Philadelphia, PA

Post Number: 83
Hi John! Great to hear from you again as well. I was hoping you'd reply. I trust all is well with you..

John - this is more than HDMI woes and I will clarify what I stated about Component. Let me try and explain again.

I thought for sure the issue was in the HDMI input because thats how we have the TV set up to work. So we were getting intermittent blackouts of the picture and when it came back on, a note on the top of screen said "HDMI reconnecting" and it did and I got the picture back for a period of time.

I got smart and decided to view the TV for a while using the Component input since I figured the problem was HDMI. But then I got the same blacked out screen issue! And I should clarify that the when the it reconnected, it did say "Component Reconnecting". Basically I was trying to rule our certain pieces that could be bad. I ruled out the Comcast box strictly because we were experiencing the issue when we used the PS3 which obviously doesn't run through the Comcast box. So - I figured it must be the TV. I did call LG last evening and got a represenantive who could speal English and he also agreed that he felt it was something with the TV. He did check the knowledge bases but could find no issue realted to mine.

So, before I contacted Best Buy and go through the warranty harang (thank God I bought a extended wararanty) and haveing to pull downs the TV, I thought I would post the issue to see if anyone out there thought that what I am experiencing might not be the TV. Clear now? If so, please let me know what you think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us