RCA DLP 61 inch TV........sound but no picture

Username: Dave_3948

Post Number: 1
Hi

I am a Newbie here and I am hoping I can get some help from the experts.

I have a four year old RCA DLP model HD61LPW42YX1 that just gave me my first problem. I have sound but no picture. The TV goes through it normal start up tries and eventually after about the third try, the power on button will flash rapidly for about a minute. It then tries to start several more times unsucessfully. I bought a replacement lamp but that didn't do it.

Reading thru a few of the posts here on the board was somewhat helpfull but I am the first to admit I am a novice at this stuff. Would replacing the ballast be my next step? If so, can someone give me a source for this purchase and an approximate cost? I hate to throw a bunch of money at this set and getting it to a service technician will be a nightmare. I can't transport it myself because it is too big and the one tech I talked to on the phone won't pick it up either.

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Jumpback

Post Number: 158
Dave, If you scroll down to the RCA posts you will find hundreds of similar problems.

Having been thru the nightmare of RCA problems from reliability or service my recommendation is to put your new lamp on EBAY and junk the set and get a replacement.

TV's are at their all time low in price and are destined to go even lower.

Even if you did find someone who would pick up the set he would probably keep it for months waiting for parts and then it still may not work. The cost of repairs and parts (if they are available) are ridiculous.

It's Christmas. Treat yourself to a new set!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us