Suggestion for a TV

Username: Salilsurendran

Post Number: 1
Hello Friends,
I am in the market for a new HDTV. I was wondering if it was necessary to buy a 1080p? Also I wanted a high contrast ratio. I had seen a Samsung TV with a 50000:1 contrast ratio and that took my breath away. But I have never seen TVs with any other contrast ratios to compare with. So I was wondering if I should shell out the extra bucks for that high a contrast ratio? I wanna connect it to a computer. I believe that is one of the reasons to buy a 1080p?

Post Number: 2
any suggestions

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3954
1080p would depend on size and quality of the TV. Samsuck has always way over inflated contrast ratios. There are no set standards for determining contrast ratios so manufacterers are free to claim whatever they want. Plasmas have higher contrast ratios than LCDs and better overall PQ but are better suited for rooms that aren't overly bright. Plasmas also have better viewing angles. LCDs don't have the PQ of plasmas in a dark room but can look better in bright rooms.

Post Number: 3
Would 1080p be necessary for a computer? I have heard that computer displays sucks on 1080p. Also i went to some stores and looked at some TVs and the Samsung LN46A650/LN46A850 didn't impress me much. the Samsung LN46A850 did. Any suggestions for a better TV?

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3960
The TV choice really depends on environment and what it's going to be used for. I definitely prefer plasma over LCD but I watch in a dark room and don't play video games on the TV.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us