Help on Connecting HD Cable Set Box to DVD Recorder to HDTV

Username: Confusedhd

Moline, IL US

Post Number: 1
Ok, I am a newbie here and a newbie to the whole HD scene. I am having trouble getting my DVD recorder to work and I'm sure I messed up on the connection process somewhere. Here is what I have done: The cable coming from the wall is hooked into a Monster power set. A coaxial goes from the Monster power set to the back of the HD Cable Set Box. I have an HDMI cable going from the HD Cable Set box to the HDTV. I also have an HDMI cable going from the DVD recorder to the HDTV. I can play movies but the DVD recorder is not recognizing any channels. I went through the DVD recorder set-up process and when I go to search channels, it is not finding anything. Do I need to run a coaxial cable from the HD Cable Set Box to the DVD recorder directly?

Can anyone help me? You could be my life saver!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2375
­
Dawn, do you still need help?

Username: Confusedhd

Moline, IL US

Post Number: 2
I think I have things figured out. We added a splitter coming off the cable out of the wall. One connection went to the set top box, one went to the the VCR and the 3rd went to the DVD recorder. This only negative about this is that I can only record on the non-HD channels. That's ok for now but we may end up adding the DVR service to our cable contract.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2379
­
There ya go. Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message