Dish Network remote tv to DVD/DVR

Username: Cherimj

Post Number: 2
We just got Dish Network and have two TV's. The receiver is located with the HD TV which is on a rolling TV cart so we did not get the DVR receiver as to not damaged the hard drive in the DVR. Our sound system, etc is hooked up to the larger non-HD tv so it runs through the remote tv2 set-up. We own our own DVR which we basically use as a glorified VCR to record programming. We can not get the Dish programming to run through the DVR like our cable used to and therefore can't record. Dish instructions are to set DVR/VCR to channel 60 and output to 3 or 4 but the Dish programming shows up on 60 whether the cable from the wall is plugged into the DVR/VCR or the TV directly.

Any suggestions?

THANKS!

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3951
If you are trying to use a TiVo or similiar, they aren't compatible with satellites. HDDs aren't that fragile that they can't be moved around on a TV cart.

Username: Ranchhelp8

Post Number: 1
HI,

I have a DISH 625 DVR (2 TV's in 2 different rooms)and a Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder MSR90D6. I'm tryin to record from my DISH DVR (programs already recorded)to a DVD on my Magnavox DVD Player/Recorder. Does anyone know how to do this?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 605
What connections on the Dish 625 are you using to connect to your TVs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us