Sony crt tube tv..what's good + proper viewing distance?

Username: Fabchef

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I currently have a 27" lcd tv. It works well but i'm not too set on the look of it and i'm thinking of going back to good old tube tv's. I really like the flat sony wega's..i think they're really sharp and i've read good reviews on them. In terms of models what do you recommend?
I came across a sony KV27FV310 tv. looks really good, cheap price and i read that it also has a good sound system built in. I wanted to know though, what's the best seating distance from the tv? my seating area is about 10' X 12'..it's shaped like an "L" so the person at the top of the L is about 3 feet from the tv and the person at the bottom of the L is about 8 feet away. I was thinking of going bigger than the 27" i have but i'm worried that the person closer to the tv will have a hard time watching it? I don't have HD and don't plan on getting it soon. I have bell expressVU. Is 27" okay? i was thinking maybe 32-36"? let me know.thanks
fabs

Username: Fabchef

Montreal, Qc Canada

Post Number: 2
Hi, I just noticed that this belongs in the "tv basics" section..can someone move it please? thanks
fabs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us