Samsung DLP TV HLP6163WX/XAA TV Turning off randomly

Username: Pdalal

Princeton, NJ USA

Post Number: 1
I have one of earlier models of Samsung DLP TV (HLP6163WX/XAA). We love this TV and has been working great without an issue for almost 4 years now!

Recently it started randomly turning off. I hear no sound that is discussed in threads here, but, just turns off. The frequency has increased last couple of days where sometimes it turns off every minute and at times it still works fine for hour without turning off.

Any help appreciated.

Username: Willisde

I have the same issue with my Samsung HLP6163WX/XAA. Please let me know if you find a fix for this.

The unit is 4 years old and it just started powering down on it's own. It shutdowns at no set interval. I told my kids it was because they were playing too many video games and then it happened during the news tonight!

The Samsung T/S guide says that it could be the sleep timer, but that is not the case.

No other issues - audio or video - have been observed.

HELP!

Username: Maineaudio

I had the same problem and was able to fix very easily.
Get the owners manual and check on how to replace or install a new bulb.
Take the back panel off and blow all the dust out of it. Then slide the bulb out, the whole tray it is in slides out, blow out any visible dust and replace tray. No need to replace the bulb at this point. Put everything back together and try her out. That seemed to fix it for me.
Started acting up again about a year later but same procedure fixed it again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us