Samsung HLM61W

Username: Wrx914

Post Number: 2
I have a 61" Samsung DLP that made a popping noise then went to a black screen. I removed the lamp cartridge and realized that the lamp blew and needed replaced. I ordered the new bulb online and replaced the bulb in the cartridge reinstalled the cartridge and now I have two blinking lights... The Lamp light and the Temp light. It will not power up...nothing. I unplugged the unit for a few minutes, uninstalled - reinstalled the lamp and still the same. Just the two blinking lights on the front with no reaction from user input...ie. power on power off. Help!

tx

Keith

Username: Westdc

Ammissville, VA USA

Post Number: 3
Taken from My Samsung Manual:

Lamp must be the same code number and type, (Check it) Since you ordered it it must be okay.

Notes:
1.Besure the replacement lamp is the same type
2.after replacing the lamp,align the lamp cover with the groove and secure the screws.
3. The TV will NOT turn on if the lamp cover is not correctly closed (as this will activate the protective circuit).

These instructions from my HL6178W Owners Book.

Good Luck

Username: Wrx914

Post Number: 7
**ISSUE CORRECTED**

The plug on the lamp housing was not seated completely in the socket on the TV. I simply needed to press on the plug to fully seat the plug. The socket on the TV had been slightly bent backwards so you needed to pinch the plug and socket together with your fingers and it works perfectly now...

tx!

Keith

Username: Westdc

Ammissville, VA USA

Post Number: 4
Glad you got it fixed
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us