Please Help Me decide on a DVD Recorder!

Username: Dorkus_mcforkus

Beverly hills, California USA

Post Number: 1
Hi...i have been browsing online for weeks trying to find the dvd recorder that best suits my needs, but I am still clueless as to what i should do...
What I am looking for..

-I want a dvd recorder that can record tv and that has some editing capabilities (such as deleting comercials etc)
and one that can copy vhs tapes to dvd in the best quality possible (perferably a dual deck)
and also something not overly expensive (anything above 599 is considered expensive to me..but the cheaper the better. But if a more expenisive one is better..by all means id take that anyday)

Basicaly i want to not need a vcr anymore.. at all. I want to transfer all my vhs tapes to dvd and start recordring onto dvd..

now i dont know if such a product exists with all my demands :-) .. Ive seen stuff from panasonic, pioneer, govideo..but the prices vary and all the features are different and its just so difficult, so i figured that this is a decision best left to the pro's, so if someone can help me find a good dvd recorder, i would be most greatful. Thank you!

Bronze Member
Username: Xol

Post Number: 13
I would go for Panasonic with HD like DMR E80 or DMR E100. The HD is good feature I think.
The dual deck will not provide better quality then good external VCR connected to dvd recorder.
If you want something cheap take a look at Lite-On.

Username: One4love4truth

Post Number: 3
I agree with the suggestion of the Pansonic DMR with a hard drive.

You can copy from VHS directly to DVD, bypassing the hard drive. However, you will only be able to edit if you are using DVD-RAM, which are not compatible with most recorders and are more expensive.

Thus, your other choice is to transfer the VHS tapes to the hard drive, perform simple editting (i.e. removing commercial segments), and transfer to DVD-R at that point.

Good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 26
I have a JVC and 2 Panasonics, the JVC doesn't have a hard drive but it can edit RAMs it can also record onto -RWs the Panasonic can't. The picture on the JVC is considerably better than the Panasonics.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us