Hooking everything to a manual switcher

Username: Crazydiamond

Post Number: 1
Not quite sure if this goes here, but any help would be appreciated...
My roommate and I would like to hook up our DVD player, VCR, PS2, and cable all into one thing so we don't have to keep switching the a/v cables for each one. A friend of mine suggested we get a "switcher" and hook up to that, and we did, but we can't figure out just what hooks from it to the TV. Here's what we've got:
*Apex mono TV (not HD), that has one a/v out, and 3 a/v inputs (one with an S-video slot). Currently we have the cable a/v hooked up to "input 1" and watch it thru "video 1."
*Motorola cable box from Cox cable with one a/v in, one a/v out, and an S-video slot. Like I said right now it goes right to the TV and works fine.
*Sanyo DVD player
*Sanyo VCR with hookups in the back and front.
*Playstation 2
*a Phillips "manual switcher" and an S-video cable. The switcher has 1 output, 4 inputs, and 5 s-video slots. Do we need s-video cables to run to each component, and if so, how does that work for the PS2, which doesn't have an S-video slot?
We've already tried hooking each thing into the back of the TV in its own a/v input set, but that doesn't work either.
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3446
Most modern TVs come with multiple inputs for this very same reason
If yor tv got at least 2 different switches
Yo may have to get 2 types of switches

There are many types of video switches
Check e-bay
Here is one of them:

Upload

Username: Crazydiamond

Post Number: 2
we have a manual version of that very thing. I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, though--we've already tried hooking everything into the tv. How do we hook the switcher into the TV?

Gold Member
Username: Tapeman

New York City in-HD, NY

Post Number: 3455
what kind of tv yo got? what brand?

Gold Member
Username: Cableguy

Somewhere on... U.S.

Post Number: 1035
You should have ports listed as inputs and an output...connect your DVD, VCR, and Playstation to the inputs then connect the wire from the output of the switcher to an input on the tv. That's about as basic as it gets.. If you provide the type of tv, King Tapeman's question, it would help with more details.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us