Plasma or lcd????(basment)

Silver Member
Username: Danoh

Post Number: 127
in in the process of renovating my basment just wondering would plasma be best 4 a basment or lcd.most peaple say plasma.these r the plasmas im interested in any feed back would b appriciated panasonic viera TH-58PZ700 or samsung PN58A650T1FXZC both plasmas 1080p 58 inch thx

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3917
This year's Panasonic plasmas are excellent, better than Samsung and far more reliable. As long as you don't plan on playing a lot of video games, plasma is definitely the way to go in a dark room.

Silver Member
Username: Funkmeister

Post Number: 102
How can we answer your question knowing absolutely nothing about your basement? The only thing generic about basements is they are almost always the bottom floor of a residential dwelling.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 358
Plasma. In the absence of ambient light its a no brainer. Black levels on plasma are better than those on an LCD so you have the potential for a much better picture on plasmas than LCDs in general. Your Panasonic choice is good but the new 800 series ( or 850s) are a step up from the 700 series.

Gold Member
Username: Samijubal

Post Number: 3926
The 80s are a big step up from the 70s and 75s. I own a 75 and an 80. All the problems of the 75 series are virtually eliminated in the 80 series. I definitely wouldn't buy a 75 series TV, the 80 series is far better. It's not worth the price savings no matter how much it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us