Sony KDF60XS955 TV Screen Turning Blue Gray

Username: Texas_t

Post Number: 1
Overnight we have developed a light blue/gray stain along the bottom of the viewing area like a cloud. This TV was purchased in early 2005 and is now out of warranty. Does anyone know what this could be and if Sony has had any product problems or recalls.
Thanks T

Username: Sparkydog5

Post Number: 1
Give Sony a call. They extended the warranty on the optical blocks until the end of 2008. Sony will repair it or offer a discounted replacement. In my case they offered a choice between two new 52" LCDs. I chose the KDL-52W4100 for $843 + tax with free shipping.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=KDF60XS955&news_id=206

Let us know how you make out.

Username: Texas_t

Post Number: 2
Sony had a dealer replace my optical block in Sept. and with a new projection lamp its like a new TV. Still feel like Sony should have attempted to contact the purchasers of those models from the warranty cards. I would be real upset to find out in Jan. 2009 the warranty extension ran out the end of '08.

Username: Sparkydog5

Post Number: 2
I'm glad you got your TV fixed. Did you have to pay anything for the repair?
I would've never known about the warranty extension myself if I hadn't tripped across it in a forum. They only tell the people who call, kinda like an open secret.
I'm pretty happy though since Sony offered me a new LCD TV for what appears to be a great deal.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us